Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My last week at home - Tuesday

As a way to combat the nervousness associated with this whole moving job thing I’m still thinking of the good stuff.

Today’s official “Good Thing” is that I may lose a bit of weight.

As I sit here at just gone 5:30, I’m chomping through my second piece of butter rich (did anyone else see Planet Earth on Sunday?) toast which is my usual “finished work” snack.

OK, it’s not quite the usual, at the very last minute I decided not to slather on peanut butter.

Some people may cringe at this, some may even feel their hearts working a bit harder, but I can assure you, this is the only way to ensure enjoyment of peanut butter. It’s the way I was brought up and it’s what I’ll be passing on to my kids.

Back in the day, peanut butter wasn’t what it is today; it was somewhat drier, meaning that forgoing the butter left you with some dry bread and some dry peanuts mushed to the consistency of Polyfilla on top. This being exactly as it sounds, rubbish, we had only one course of action… butter up the peanut butter.

These days I think the manufacturers have worked it out too, peanut butter today is infinitely creamier and one time it was even oily. So oily in fact there was a shining pool of purest grease shimmering at the top of the jar.

It was as I slipped my knife through the ululating waves of fat that I thought, "I really should stop adding extra lard", but once you’ve learned something as tasty as that it’s very hard to unlearn.

So here it is, I’m pretty lazy and I love fatty foods with extra fat please. This plus the warm, daily hibernation of working at home makes it pretty clear, I might have put on a few pounds.

I can see a couple of ways getting back in an office will help this, firstly, I’m going to have to get up and go somewhere, secondly, I think meal two and a half at 5:30pm will have to stop. Most likely because I’ll be working like a nike football sewer or because I’m back on the tube where, I can assure you, my politeness will not let me scoff a hot stinky Cornish pasty as I travel.

To offer you a clearer picture, I’m not fat, I’m not even clinically overweight. I am, however, at the top of my BMI range, which hopefully means I won’t have to pay any fat tax when they invent it.

When you combine this top heavy BMI with my chicken legs, you would be forgiven for saying I looked a bit porky. Well not porky exactly, perhaps portly.

Front on, I look almost fine but have a look at me from the side and I’m the model of a Mr Man and while at them moment I’m more like Mr Greedy, it will be nice to bring that down to Mr Skinny after a good meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home