Thursday, November 23, 2006

myTube - why not?

As is fairly common, I was thinking of how I could easily make alot of money yesterday, and I came up with something that I'm sure is as original as potatoes. I call it MyTube.

MyTube is mainly for londoners, although It does have applications globally, if you've got a subway in your city or some other sort of underground network including but not exclusive to, cave systems or those tunnels that the Vietnamese freedom fighters/terrorists (thought I'd cover both bases there) lived in during the conflict.

Nominally, It's a melange between mySpace and youTube, which is as good a place to start as any.

All you need to do is take a photo of the train you usually take to work, perhaps supplement this with a sneaky snap or 2 of the regulars you look at with a little less bile than anyone else, write a synopsis of your journey; the busy spots, that time you had one of the rare drivers that think they're funny, something like that, and upload the lot to a webpage.

Then as the community builds you can become "friends", and I think the inverted commas are well placed, with the other people who get on your train. Imagine the pleasure of looking surrepticiously around and wondering if that rather bland looking man is DistrictLineDave, or that unfeasably ugly woman over there is TheFarringdonFox?

You could even, if you find yourself online one night after a couple of shandies, private message (PM to the nerds) someone and try and talk to them with your voice the next morning.

Then you can get married and invite me to your wedding for coming up with the whole, dragging along behind the bandwagon, idea in the first place. I love a good wedding me, but make sure you've got beers on offer as well as the plonk your Dad and plucky Fiancee drove a van to Calias to buy.

Why then, am I not busily working some of my internet skills (chick's dig a guy with skills), on building this thing, can't be that hard can it?

I think it's simply that I can't be bothered, I spend my working hours creating web magic, and while I'm really enjoying this waffling, I'd rather be down the boozer playing darts of an evening.

So if you're inclined, please take MyTube and make it real, if it all works out as planned you could start charging for a dating service and become a gazillionaire, never mind your adSense income eh?

Just think though as you roll about uncomfortably on a bed of 50 pound notes that perhap's you should send an email to the lazy sod who couldn't be bothered, and I hope to hear from you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home